Last week during a brief spell of health between two colds, I sewed up this dress for Amaani. The next chance I got, I dragged both kiddos to the park to photograph it so I could put it up on the Strawbazies blog.
Nothing special about this dress--- except it has sleeves! My very first! The puff sleeves were a request by Kartik. I used this tutorial to alter the pattern, and it worked pretty well.
The pattern is the same as the reversible dress, (simplicity 1890 again). I love how different it looks with just a few changes. The one isn't lined, and uses bias tape as a facing for the neckline.
It came together so quick-- I'm definitely going to make more in the future. -- Even Amaani likes it! I just had to put this photo up to show off her new, cute little teeth.